Applications for employment with the Warren County Sheriff’s Department may be downloaded from this site or picked up during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Deputy Sheriff / $51,324.00
- Corrections Officer / $40,404.00
- Records Clerk / $31,200.00
- Overtime Compensation
- Medical / Dental / Vision Benefits
- Dependent Insurance Available
- County Employee Retirement Fund
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick / Personal Leave
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Scheduling Flexibility (12 Hour Shifts)
- 14 Shifts per Monthly Pay Period
- Ongoing Continuing Education Training
- Uniforms Provided by Department
- All Equipment Provided by Department
- Assigned Take Home Patrol Car when Eligible & Vehicles Available
- Advancement Opportunities
Warren County is a semi-rural community spanning 429 square miles, located approximately 50 miles west of St. Louis along Interstate 70. According to 2018 census data Warren County is currently one of the fastest growing counties by percentage in the state with a population of 34,711.
The Sheriff’s Department employs 70 people. The jail was renovated in 2019 and has a capacity 156 beds. The administrative offices were constructed new in 2019.
Career advancement is possible within department divisions and assignments such as patrol, court security, detective bureau, drug task force, corrections, records, public relations, K-9, and special operations.
The selection process consists of a written examination, oral board interview, Sheriff’s interview, drug screen, medical examination, and a background investigation.
Application forms can be filled out and submitted from our website, or paper copies obtained from the Sheriff’s Office at the above address.
All that is required to begin the employment process is the completion of the pre-application. The complete personal history statement does not have to be completed and submitted until an actual interview has been scheduled.
Deputy applicants must be post certified prior to being hired, but can apply and test while still attending the police academy. Test scores will be maintained on an eligibility list for future openings for a period of six months.